Unlike microneedling, microdermabrasion is a less invasive procedure.
The microdermabrasion device uses a powerful flow of fine crystals to remove a very superficial layer of skin. The procedure stimulates the production of new cells and collagen. The process is also known as exfoliation.
What microdermabrasion can do:
- Improve age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Reduce fine lines and fine wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Reduce acne and the scars left by acne
- Improve overall skin, refreshing and rejuvenating
The procedure is relatively quick, 10 -20 minutes, and the skin has a healthy glow afterward. Occasionally, sensitive skin may develop short lasting, mild redness.